1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

could this be used to check out btu output

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by leaddog, Oct 25, 2012.

1. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    I know several people here have expressed an interest in finding a flow control to check btu output, and in my travels i ran across this. I came out of an industrial setting. It has six zones with regulators, temperature gauges, and calibrated flow gauges. It would work great balancing out a radiant heat system. Give me some ideas on how I can use it or if there is interest I might part with it.
    leaddog 100_2628.jpg 100_2627.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    What are the ranges in the flow meters? I can't see very good but looks like they might be for big flows - that would likely be the limiting factor in its usefullness for a home heating application. Does look like a handy gadget though.
  3. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    Be worth checking if it's designed for air or water, and what temp range it can stand. Pretty cool gadget.
  4. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    It came off a plastic injection unit and it's for water. I think it was to preheat the augurs and dies but I'm not sure on that. The gauges read 170*, and I haven't figured out the scale yet but there is a chart that's hard to read but it goes from 3/10 up in gal/per/min for each gauge. I'm still looking for more info and yes it is a very interesting thing. If for nothing else it would make fine tuning a six zone radiant system very easy. Just adj the flow regulators for the flow and temp for each system.
    leaddog
  5. taxidermist

taxidermist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fowlerville MI
    Oh man Les I bet you seen that across the yard and you sprinted for it thinking you hit the mother load!! LOL

Hope all is well!
    Rob