Could this electric pressure washer be a good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Is 1600 psi considered the latest and greatest for electric pressure washers?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=99741

High Pressure Cleaning Power
Pressure washer with built-in ground fault circuit interrupter included for added safety.

Adjustable spray wand lets you cover wide areas or do fine detail cleaning
Turbo nozzle boosts cleaning performance
Built-in detergent tank
Safety lock trigger
19 ft. high pressure hose and 34 ft. power cord
ETL certified
1.6 GPM flow rate
120 volt, 60 Hz

Overall dimensions: 10-3/4" L x 10-1/2" W x 31-1/2" H
Weight: 18.4 lbs.

ITEM 99741-0VGA

$109.99

We have a Karcher which is similar. I really like it quite a lot. I use it mainly to clean the porch every summer. More pressure would do the job faster because I could hold the nozzle farther away and cover more area at a time. But I'm fine with it for the money. I just don't need a large high pressure unit. I only use it a dozen or so hours a year. Another thing I like about it is it's quiet. I can use it very early in the morning without bothering anybody.

Steve

I also have a electric karcher
it does a good job
it also helps protect what you are cleaning
much more pressure starts to damage wood and will peel paint
i work with high pressure water it will do alot of damage
you really dont need much more pressure for around the house

Or, a wider spray with higher presure. The little electric just do not have enough flow to wash away. I had a 1700 1.6 gallon electric and ditched it for a 3000 psi 2.5 gallon flow... Much happier!

If you just using it around the home, cleaning decks, washing siding, cars, lawn mowers it seems like a good deal. I also have a karcher and have been happy with it, it is 1500psi. hey for 109 bucks its a good deal..

It's a "Pacific Hydrostar" which IIRC is one of the HF "House brands" - these I've found to be somewhat erratic in quality / reliability... However for the money it isn't a bad deal, I just wouldn't expect it to do miracles - keep the duty cycle short, and don't strain it...

Gooserider

You don't say what you intend to use it for. Available nozzles and attachments would be big on my list. Deck cleaning for example... regular nozzles can leave a visible pattern. There is a cool attachment that has two spinning nozzles like a lawnmower blade that can give very even coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.