Could this make pellet like critters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Interesting....

The claim is that you can vacuum 4x longer than a normal vacuum. Would that translate into the rough assumption that the 'brick' it spits out is 4x as dense as the normal fluff that is in the bag? Might not be quite up there with preformed pellets, but who knows!?!?

Corey

No idea, though I'd tend to doubt it. Seems to me like sawdust would be less compressible than your standard issue household debris. - IIRC pellet plants use TONS of pressure when squeezing their dust down to pellets, I'd be suprised to see this thing exert as much as 100 lbs.

I wouldn't want to burn the household debris "bricks" this thing puts out either - they might be mostly "biomass" but I'd expect them to smell horrible. Might be popular with the OWB folks though. %-P

Gooserider

Also remember that when pellets are formed under extreme pressure, the heat created is ultimately what bonds them together. I'd tend to think that pellets formed in that thing would just expand as soon as they were exposed to heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.