could you please post picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
if you have a medium to large wood stove insert
especially if it is a pe summit insert, blaze king, regency, hampton or quadrafire
i have seen many pictures and have gone through the gallery but i did not see a summit
(which is what i am supposed to be getting) but none of the dealers i went to actually had one for me to see

Here's my Summit

Attachments

• P1010106a.jpg
    P1010106a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,085
  • P1010109a.jpg
    P1010109a.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,094
  • P1010114a.jpg
    P1010114a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,108
Here is a picture of the Regency Hearth Heater.
As you can see these two could not be happier.
This style is a happy medium between an insert and freestanding. It is a powerhouse in the heat department but has a small firebox 1.6cu Ft.
It transfers radient heat when you have no power to run the blower.

Best regards

Attachments

• regency.jpg
    regency.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,044
that you all very much for the pics
Karl what is the "gap" on top of your stove is that where the air from the blower comes out?
(in between the top of the stove and the bottom of the surround)

Yes, thats where the air comes out. Same as on my PE Pacific

Here is the first fire in my Blaze King Princess model 1010A.

Attachments

• close up fire compressed.JPG
    close up fire compressed.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 912
treeman08 said:
lovely
if you don't mind how much did it run you?

wxman said:
Yes, thats where the air comes out. Same as on my PE Pacific

didn't know that thanks... but what are the 2 grills for .. i assume one side was for the blower intake .. i thought the air cam out the other side..lol

iceman said:
treeman08 said:
lovely
if you don't mind how much did it run you?
I don't have the bill handy, but as I remember it was around 2300 for insert + 400 for liner kit + 400 for install.
I am sure that for full installed ready to burn was a little over $3K.
I have been very happy with the heat output and the long burn times.
For economics I only save 50 to 75 per month in heat bills, so 8 to 10 years pay back.
But the safety (old smoke dragon created several chimney fires per year) and confort in the house is priceless.

The grill on the right side of the Summit is where air is drawn in to be warmed and blown out the top. The left grill serves no purpose unless you don't use and outside air intake. There is a four inch knock out on that side that you remove and then the combustion air is drawn in from that side. I'm using an outside air intake so the left side of mine does nothing.

I love mine. I haven't put an electric blanket on the bed yet, I walk around in a t-shirt, and only when it gets really cold do I put socks on.

I bought it on ebay in July for $2045.00 the liner kit was $399.00 and I installed it myself. Everybody here said that was one heck of a deal, so I doubt you'll get it that cheap right now. Don't worry though. Even with just a few weeks of use on it, I can tell I'm going to be saving alot on my gas bill. I haven't even lit the pilot light on the furnace yet.

Not the best picture, but here is my Osburn 2400i, that I just had installed. I haven't really taken pictures with my good camera, this is snapped from my camera on my cell phone.

I LOVE the amount of heat that comes out from this thing! It heats my entire house which is just under 2000 square feet.

Attachments

• img050.jpg
    img050.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 799
When is the expected instalation date, Ice?..... startuing to get a little chilly out.

Harley said:
When is the expected instalation date, Ice?..... startuing to get a little chilly out.

right around the first of dec
the person i am using is about 2 weeks out and with the holiday coming he said he will try thanksgiving wkd but i think the wk after that
i am just nervous about buying something i haven't seen in person
but i have 2000 sq ft to heat which i know won't be easy as my house is a tri- level (i guess)
but i believe i got a great deal on the stove and relly don't even know what else to look at besides the regency/hampton because i have seen those

karl said:
The grill on the right side of the Summit is where air is drawn in to be warmed and blown out the top. The left grill serves no purpose unless you don't use and outside air intake. There is a four inch knock out on that side that you remove and then the combustion air is drawn in from that side. I'm using an outside air intake so the left side of mine does nothing.

I love mine. I haven't put an electric blanket on the bed yet, I walk around in a t-shirt, and only when it gets really cold do I put socks on.

I bought it on ebay in July for $2045.00 the liner kit was $399.00 and I installed it myself. Everybody here said that was one heck of a deal, so I doubt you'll get it that cheap right now. Don't worry though. Even with just a few weeks of use on it, I can tell I'm going to be saving alot on my gas bill. I haven't even lit the pilot light on the furnace yet.

why do you use the os air intake ... does it work better ... higher temp/ how does it work for you on warmer/damp days

I use the outside air because Elk said to. Seriously, I thought it would make the stove more efficient. I draw combustion air from my crawl space. I don't know about damp days. I haven't noticed anything different.

karl said:
I use the outside air because Elk said to. Seriously, I thought it would make the stove more efficient. I draw combustion air from my crawl space. I don't know about damp days. I haven't noticed anything different.

hmmmmmmm i was wondering if i should use os intake
why did elk say to use it?

Here is our Hampton HI300 with the large surround. Not burning yet, but hope to get the installation ironed out, inspected and start burning SOON.

Attachments

• Wood Stove Large Surround 2!-web.jpg
    Wood Stove Large Surround 2!-web.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 509
  • Wood Stove Large Surround 7-web.jpg
    Wood Stove Large Surround 7-web.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 494
I hate seeing others houses, everyones house is so beautiful with nice woodwork. :( I should kick my goat out of the living room and take a picture (no I don't have a goat). My house is just normal I guess but does have a beautiful, wonderful extend-a-flue that all look at in admiration. So much more beautiful than stainless, my wife in particular feels it adds charm to the outside of our house. Maybe my chimney is prettier than most :)

Rhonemas said:
I hate seeing others houses, everyones house is so beautiful with nice woodwork. :( I should kick my goat out of the living room and take a picture (no I don't have a goat). My house is just normal I guess but does have a beautiful, wonderful extend-a-flue that all look at in admiration. So much more beautiful than stainless, my wife in particular feels it adds charm to the outside of our house. Maybe my chimney is prettier than most :)

I hear ya. I see all of these pics here of these gorgeous houses and go outside an throw rocks at mine.

pulldownclaw said:
Here is our Hampton HI300 with the large surround. Not burning yet, but hope to get the installation ironed out, inspected and start burning SOON.

Stove looks great. Fits right in.

You will be getting a hearth extension before calling the inspector, right? 18" required.

You will be getting a hearth extension before calling the inspector, right? 18” required.

Yeah, I can get away with a portable piece of metal from the stove shop, right? I'm planning on doing a tile extension as so many people have done here, but don't have the time to get that done right now. The room is on a slab, so should be pretty straightforward job I imagine, just pull up the carpet, hardibacker or durock glued down to the cement and tile right on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.