Couldn't wait for elec. bill. . .Till I Got It.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last fall I pre-bought 2,000 gallons of propane at $2.35 a gallon. Yep...cost me over $4k. It ended up I used 1,700 gallons.

Over the summer/fall I installed an outdoor wood boiler. I've got about $16,000 into the install which, besides the house, included running pex to my 40x70 pole building and building a 12x24 building to house the OWB. Now I only use LP to run the range top when cooking. I figure I'll only need LP maybe once every 5 years or better. :)

The OWB also keeps my attached garage at 60F all winter.

My OWB install should pay for itself within 5 years. I figure thats a pretty good return on investment. I'll be here until I die or they haul me away kicking and screaming!

Still no add on furnace yet still researching got my electric bill to was 596 man cant wait to burns something besides the money in my wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.