Count the errors game...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slindo

Mar 14, 2008
Maine
Picture of a partially fire gutted 1869 Colonial on the front page of our newspaper this morning. The article said the cause of the fire was "a plastic bucket filled with wood stove ash had been left on the (wood) porch and bust into flame at midnight, igniting a propane tank attached to a grill".

Apparently, the sound of the propane tank exploding woke them up in time to escape in time. I'm surprised they didn't have a couple full 5 gallon plastic gas cans stacked nearby.

Sad, such an unnecessary loss just for carelessness. I'm glad no one was injured.

Glad no one was injured.Carelessness can happen to even the most experience. more like complacency.

I'm going out to check my plastic bucket now.....right after I move the gasoline cans, bags of wood dust, styrofoam peanuts and old newspapers from around it.

You can't teach common sense!

Ray

Reactions: Pallet Pete
You can't teach common sense!

Ray

Although in my 9 to 5 job I attempt to do just that . . . or at least educate folks as to what is dumb and what is not. ;)

Reactions: raybonz
Although in my 9 to 5 job I attempt to do just that . . . or at least educate folks as to what is dumb and what is not. ;)
You're a good man Whoopie Pie Jake! :)

Ray

Reactions: firefighterjake
Status
Not open for further replies.