Countdown: T-3 days or less!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccogrower

Jan 9, 2010
Suffield Ct
Hopfully by wednsday(at the latest) i'll have the new BK Princess installed and running! I pulled the old VC knockoff out today. a TON of stage 3 creasolt was in the thimble! i think it's because i necked a 8 inch pipe down to 6 inch. i have a ton of draft with the stove removed but always had a lot of smoke spillage when lighting or reloading and could never get a clean burn coming out of the cap(burning 3 year old hardwood, split and stored inside under cover)

sweep is coming tomorrow morning. mantle is all prepped for the new stove. just have to wait and listen to the oil hot air furnace cycling on and off(worse then nails on a chalkboard too me!)

hope this baby is all its made out to be! i'll be cutting up fallen dead trees for the next week to get me into the 2016 season to pass the time!

the wait is killing me!

Reactions: raybonz
still waitin! shop said 7-10 days. today is day 10. owner said should be in today and i can pick it up saturday. hearing the furnace run is killing me! hopfully there wont be any more delays. i've been cutting and splitting for the up coming years passing the time.

Bummer waiting! I know the feeling. Ordered my Hampton HI300 insert over a week ago. Asked the dealer if I'd be burning by Christmas. His response: "Not likely. Unless somebody cancels an install appointment." Since Sandy, there has been a rush on alternative heating and generators around here. A lot of people around here were in the cold for weeks two years in a row due to weather disasters and have had enough. I get anxious every time I walk by my cold VC stove and hear the oil burner kick on. The VC is going away, it needs all new firebricks and a new log grate. Not going to sink any money into it.

The wait will be well worth it, the Princess is a great stove.

i'm going to give the shop a call this morning. he said he was picking it up friday afternoon. i've got my fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.