Counterfeit Stihl saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danno77 said:
NATE379 said:
HAHAHAHAA!

I have an imported from China plasma cutter and the manual is rather interesting. I have referred to it as the Changlish version (Chinese and English)

Adios Pantalones said:
Should have known when they referred to it as a "calbulatol" in the manual
I wanna know who writes those directions. They are generally garbage.

"Please take you into consideration the on switch to product begin working. Product stopping to be done by switch using fingers to be off position if desired."
I used to work for a Japanese manufacturer. They also had issues with their manuals (English). The American counter parts would never tell them though.

Unless I'm mistaken, all of the Apple products are designed in the US and made in China. Clearly junk...?

DanCorcoran said:
Unless I'm mistaken, all of the Apple products are designed in the US and made in China. Clearly junk...?
Yes. (posted from my junky iPad.)

The orange Chusky is still running strong after a tuning job. I had forgotten what a two stroke tuning wiz I am. It is a counterfeit of some big brand saw named "Chainsaw 5200". :lol:

No problem with the manual language. It is a carbon copy of the old RedMax manual that the saw is a copy of. Written in Engrish.

Is the one you bought the same as the STAR saws that I posted?

Flatbedford said:
Is the one you bought the same as the STAR saws that I posted?

Exact same saws. In fact you can search till you turn green and you will find that all of them are all the same saws with just different bar lengths and piston stroke. The piston fits the ones from 33cc to 52cc. All copies of the older Redmax/Zenoah G3200.

All of these imported from China knock-off saws are illegal to import into the US any more. Thay are banned by the EPA. We have the same goons trying to sell them on CL here in the PNW, and they ship them direct from China. They are swamped with these cheap saws in Oz, where they pay between 1.5 and 2 times what we pay for Stihl saws here. If you think Stihls are too spendy, go overseas and try to buy them with the weak dollar!

Lots of saw parts, including Stihl saw parts, are being made in China now. At least Stihl has higher tolerances and they insure that the parts work, even if they are made in China. Same with Husky and other saw brands. Forester was sold and the new bars are all made in China now, and they are JUNK! GB was also bought and they tell me down under that the newer GB bars are made in China now, and they are said to be junk. Many aftermarket piston and cylinder kits are made in China as well. Some work OK, many do not. Most last maybe half as long as the OEM factory Stihl P&Cs;. I prefer the Mahle engines myself.

StihlHead said:
All of these imported from China knock-off saws are illegal to import into the US any more. Thay are banned by the EPA. We have the same goons trying to sell them on CL here in the PNW, and they ship them direct from China. They are swamped with these cheap saws in Oz, where they pay between 1.5 and 2 times what we pay for Stihl saws here. If you think Stihls are too spendy, go overseas and try to buy them with the weak dollar!

Lots of saw parts, including Stihl saw parts, are being made in China now. At least Stihl has higher tolerances and they insure that the parts work, even if they are made in China. Same with Husky and other saw brands. Forester was sold and the new bars are all made in China now, and they are JUNK! GB was also bought and they tell me down under that the newer GB bars are made in China now, and they are said to be junk. Many aftermarket piston and cylinder kits are made in China as well. Some work OK, many do not. Most last maybe half as long as the OEM factory Stihl P&Cs;. I prefer the Mahle engines myself.

The Chinese are capable of manufacturing on whatever quality level they choose. More often than not they choose to cater to Americans looking for a "good deal" on a something, whatever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.