Country Boy White Lightning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got a big ash pan. All though cleaning the stove all the time to keep up with the ash is a pain in the ash. Remember to do a high fire everyday to help blow things out.

Been doing the same as always but cleaning double or more ash than usual. Great flame and heat just a lot more ash.

We have been hearing more ash for a lot of the brands out this year. I have 2 bags from last season I still haven't tried yet. I did hear they were hot though.

We have been hearing more ash for a lot of the brands out this year. I have 2 bags from last season I still haven't tried yet. I did hear they were hot though.

I tried 6 bags the end of last season, they burned hot and ash was not bad. I stopped burning them because I could not find them cheaper than $6.50 a bag

Agree, hamer's is kinda ashy this year also but still burning lava HOT.

DAm that's too bad, I love those white lightnings,

My dad has 2 skids paid like $800 including delivery, corked for. 125$ deli every inc

Still a good pellet. Last year I run my stove on high and pot stirrer on low. This year stirrer gotta be run on high and lots more ash. Just curious if it was just me.

Still a good pellet. Last year I run my stove on high and pot stirrer on low. This year stirrer gotta be run on high and lots more ash. Just curious if it was just me.
There is a pot made for pellets for the 3500. Less noise but requires some tending.

This has potential for its own thread!!

More ash? Found some farmers adding sand to thier grain to boost weight. Pellet manufactures adding cheap fillers to get weight up? Looked at some Penningtons the other day and looked like cardboard recycle. Need to get some for soaking up spills in the garage.

This has potential for its own thread!!

Soon as it warms some, I'll start burning the samples I have gathered. I have these-MWP softwoods-LeCrete's-DryCreek Super Premiums-Orfords(DF softwood)-Turmans to review(Not in that order).

I might even toss Timber Heats-Pres To Logs into the mix if I have enough time.

Reactions: slvrblkk
Noise isn't an issue. My stove is in my basement and heats 2600 sq ft(unfinished basement and top floor of ranch house). Not a big deal emptying pot every week when I clean. I just have way more ash than last years pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.