Country comfort cc300 general questions!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky_6

Oct 22, 2014
Minneapolis,MN
Hello all!
Great site very helpful! Been learning a lot.

I have a few questions about my new Country Comfort Cc300 insert. I have read the manual and it didn't help.

1. Does this model have a cat? I can't find one on-line, so I assume it doesn't have one.
2. Is there brick and a ceramic lining that I should place on the baffle? Again no mention in the manual
3. There is a hole in the back of the unit, I can put my finger in. It is not threaded, looks like it goes to the secondary burn tube I believe.
Just seems weird to me that there is a hole in back of the stove. Anyone know what it is?

Also, how important is chimney insulation? I will be running this in a masonry chimney with a liner, I don't quite get why I would need to insulate it.

I plan making a back plate with roxul and thinking about insulating up near the cap too.

If the hole is for a blower that goes into a convection jacket on the back, yes. It's a lousy design though.

Status
Not open for further replies.