Country Comfort Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas123

Apr 12, 2016
Stephenville, TX
I have in the exhaust plenum of my Country Comfort Insert what looks to be insulation which fills almost half of the available air space. What should be the purpose of this? Furthermore, why would they insulate an exhaust plenum? Thank you very much.

Thank you Lake Girl, but where the manual shows insulation is not where this insulation is. It is inside the stove at the bottom of the smoke exhaust plenum. Should this be installed in the insert? thank you very much.

Not thinking so ... Must be Roxul or some such insulation otherwise it would melt. The guys on the woodburning side of things would be better able to direct you. I'm a pellet stove owner who has the minimum of horizontal exhaust;)

Is this in the top of the firebox? If so it is ceramic fiber that holds heat in the firebox to promote more complete combustion. What are you calling the "plenum"?

Yes it should be installed in the insert. Without it it isn't EPA compliant and sets the stove back 40 years in combustion efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.