Country Flame Crossfire Insert - The Fatal Flaw in their design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smwilliamson

The Stove Guy
Hearth Supporter
2010-07-29%2013.16.28.jpg

Look at all that ash in there. Not enough height or depth to install a clean out T. Wicked pain in th A** to get the liner off once the bolt that hold it on have seen fire and heat. Also, the stock proof of fire switch is NOT thermally protected (plastic instead of ceramic).

This stove is the perfect candidate for this the ash snorkel. I may have to violate the "patent" and make something myself seeing he won't sell to me anymore.

For those of you who don't know what the ash snorkel is...here is the link: www.ashsnorkel.net

My picture not showing it shows more than his picture not showing it and I ain't even showing it.

smwilliamson said:
....I may have to violate the "patent" and make something myself seeing he won't sell to me anymore......

OH NO! Please don't get him back on here.....PLEASE!!!! :ahhh:

imacman said:
smwilliamson said:
....I may have to violate the "patent" and make something myself seeing he won't sell to me anymore......

OH NO! Please don't get him back on here.....PLEASE!!!! :ahhh:

Well it has been a bit quit here lately! :lol: :cheese: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.