1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

country flame crossfire multi fuel insert opinions?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Countryboymo, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Countryboymo

Countryboymo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Central MO
    I was asked what my opinion of this stove is and he was looking at the m55 and considering it but I thought there was an insert option of the M55 and I do not see it now online.

Anyone have knowledge of the countryflame crossfire cause I didn't even know it existed until 10 minutes ago.

I did a search and only found one post.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Here is a link to the Sales Brochure and Owner's Manual.
    http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1356

I do have some experience with Multi-Fuel stoves. The flash point for ignition of corn is much higher than wood pellets. Therefore a 200 - 300 watt ignitor for wood pellets does not cut it for corn. To light corn a 500 - 600 watt ignitor is needed. Therefore many stoves have the lower wattage ignitor to save electricity and have the ignitors last longer. So they tell you to use wood pellets to start the stove on an ignitor or use starting gel. Corn has white powdery starch mixed in and can be very messy. Also good storage that is bug and rodent proof is needed for corn. Not needed for wood pellets just a nice dry place.