country flame crossfire multi fuel insert opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboymo

Feeling the Heat
Feb 24, 2010
W Central MO
I was asked what my opinion of this stove is and he was looking at the m55 and considering it but I thought there was an insert option of the M55 and I do not see it now online.

Anyone have knowledge of the countryflame crossfire cause I didn't even know it existed until 10 minutes ago.

I did a search and only found one post.

Hello

Here is a link to the Sales Brochure and Owner's Manual.
http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1356

I do have some experience with Multi-Fuel stoves. The flash point for ignition of corn is much higher than wood pellets. Therefore a 200 - 300 watt ignitor for wood pellets does not cut it for corn. To light corn a 500 - 600 watt ignitor is needed. Therefore many stoves have the lower wattage ignitor to save electricity and have the ignitors last longer. So they tell you to use wood pellets to start the stove on an ignitor or use starting gel. Corn has white powdery starch mixed in and can be very messy. Also good storage that is bug and rodent proof is needed for corn. Not needed for wood pellets just a nice dry place.

Status
Not open for further replies.