Country Flame E1-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone

Jan 25, 2010
SouthCentral Missouri
Can anyone tell me about a Country Flame E1? I think it is an older Country Flame model. I guess Country Flame is no longer in business, or sold out to Magnum. They do not seem like they know anything about it. If it was a cat stove, it would have to have a slide lever to actuate it, right? I have not installed it yet. I am going to have to do some retro-fit on my existing unit, (Heatilator - Pre-Fab wood burning fireplace) - does not work hardly at all. I am going to try to use the existing chase and flue pipe.

Any info on this stove would be appreciated.

Thanks

Troy

I believe the E-1 is catalytic and may have the bypass lever in front above the window and just slides in and out? If your looking into installing into an existing zero clearance pre fab fireplace the stove needs to be approved for that and should say in the manual. Maybe someone here has access to old manuals? If approved you will need to reline the chimney. Might be better to rip out the whole fireplace and start from scratch?

Here is a some info but couldn't find manual.

http://www.northlanddistrib.com/specials/pdf/CountryFlame.pdf

Thanks for the reply,

I was planning on using this stove as a freestanding unit, to avoid the zero clearance problem. However, in the literature you linked, I see they make a zero clearance cabinet that the E series may fit in. That would open another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.