Country Flame Ovation 2600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHMan

Oct 21, 2010
CT
Anyone have experience with this stove?
I'll be picking it up this weekend and would like to know if the firebrick is removable?
Any tips on moving would be appreciated.

I used to have a Country Flame Ovation 2xxx before I upgraded to a Blaze King. EPA cert, non cat?

For moving, hire young men and buy them a pizza.

For bricks, anticipate needing pumice rather than the cheaper clay bricks. Pumice bricks are commonly used in ceramic kilns for like clay teapots and stuff. Look for a local to you pottery guild, they might have bought a pallet of pumice firebrick and will be willing to let you have "a few" for a very reasonable price. NB: Pumice brick saw dust is nasty nasty stuff. If you need to cut some wear respiratory protection. I don't mean smoke a cigar and only mouth breathe while the saw is running. The dust off those is really nasty.

Also, look carefully at the door gasket. Mine wasn't a 2600, maybe a 2300? Anyway, the gasket on mine was as wonky as football bat, used a size no one makes anymore. I was putting 2 3/4" ropes in my door channel gasket area about every six weeks, when the guy at the stove store saw me coming in the door and said "door gasket again?" I knew I had a problem.

Mine was a fine running unit as long as the door gasket seal was good. Don't bother "trying" clay bricks in place of pumice, they won't last a week.

You are looking for 16-20%MC in your woodpile for that thing to run good, likely. Over 20% the secondary will be weak, under 16% and you'll have a blast furnace on your hands, good if you keep an anvil in the stove room and work as a blacksmith part time.

best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.