country flame questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
My parents have a pre-epa country flame in their house. It looks just like the BBK but it is NOT a cat stove. Does anyone have any suggestions on running this old stove? It is new to them (and me) and I have no real idea about it. It has a pull out knob in the top front (like the BBK) that re-directs the flue gasses from straight up the chimney, across the top and back. I assume this is used kinda like my BK :pull it out until the fire is established and then push it in (closed) for the duration? Any help on this stove would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jason

Dang, nobody? Maybe I should re-post in the main forum..

Jason

I suspect you are correct Jason. Be patient. It may take a little while before they pick up on your question. Especially with the snows hitting back east.

Status
Not open for further replies.