Country Hearth 2000 front clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbob

Jan 7, 2014
West Caln Pa
Laying out location for new country hearth. It requires 25 inches in front clearance this kinda pushes the hearth out in room a bit. Is this much clearance common? I will do what is required for proper install just curious. Thanks

Oy! Second US stove manual error in the same number of weeks. This appears to be really wrong. The documentation appears to be poor with these stoves. Contact them to get it right. I will start a conversation with the US Stove rep here on hearth.com. Someone needs to proofread their manuals. Lord knows what other errors they have in them. Here is their customer service rep's email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Yes it is stove listed in link above- interesting I tried to call the company and got all kinds of bounced around thanks for customer service email

OK, my bad Cbob. I confused Pleasant Hearth 2000 (GHP) with Country Hearth 2000 (USSC). <> They are different stoves and different contact points. I've PM'ed Owen from USSC to look into this and clear up what appears to be errata.

The UL standard’s testing confirms the requirement of thermal floor protection to extend that far.
Straight from engineering (our head guy there has this unit in his house BTW)

I think that is the only EPA stove where I have seen this requirement. Why the big difference? From what we hear here most people will balk at a hearth that deep. The stove doesn't appear to be radically different in design or size from the rest of the market. What makes it unique?

Not sure Engineers don't give answers like me and you would...lol. That first line above was a copy and paste right from their E-Mail I'm going through the OM's for the other 20+ stoves and see if any others are over 18"

those stoves both the 2000 & 2500 produce a ton of heat through the door / glass area, I have the 2500 and its a heater, I would follow all clearances and not cut corners with these stoves

On the Bright side. You will never be limited by hearth size when shopping for a stove in the future.

those stoves both the 2000 & 2500 produce a ton of heat through the door / glass area, I have the 2500 and its a heater, I would follow all clearances and not cut corners with these stoves

For sure follow the manual's hearth requirements. This is just a first for me. Haven't seen a 25" hearth in front of the door since the pre-EPA days. I don't understand how this stove would radiate so much more heat out the front when it's design is so standard.

Last edited:
It would have come from the UL clearance testing. But eeek!

Status
Not open for further replies.