Country PI40 Pellet insert installed today? Routine questions...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3nickles

Oct 18, 2006
Just had the Country Winslow PI-40 Insert installed today and it appears to be running great. Fires been going for about 8 hours now and no problems yet.

1) I'm wondering where I can get a bucket or nice looking pellet container online so I don't have to load the pellets from the bag?

2) Also, I definitely need to invest in a stove vacuum for routine cleanup of the ashes. Any suggestion for best of breed and where to buy?

1: Look for an item called a coal hod

2: Loveless Ash makes a couple models of ash vacs that work great! Theres the Cheetah, which is quite noisy, but works well, and a quieter model called the Cougar. I recommend the Cougar....not alot more money...expect to pay around $215.00 or so for it.

I found the loveless ash vacs. 200 is kind of steep but I guess it will pay for itself in the long run.

Regarding the Coal Hod. Do they call these containers something different. I did a google on that term exactly and didn't find many hits..

Loveless ash vacs are great if you need to work with hot ashes. Or you could wait until the stove is completely cool, then use an ordinary $39 small shop vac with a dust bag. I found a sheetrock dust rated bag works great.

3nickles said:
I found the loveless ash vacs. 200 is kind of steep but I guess it will pay for itself in the long run.

Regarding the Coal Hod. Do they call these containers something different. I did a google on that term exactly and didn't find many hits..

nope...they are called coal hods...hes a pic of one!

Attachments

• coal_hod.jpg
    coal_hod.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 268
BeGreen said:
Loveless ash vacs are great if you need to work with hot ashes. Or you could wait until the stove is completely cool, then use an ordinary $39 small shop vac with a dust bag. I found a sheetrock dust rated bag works great.

Now that sounds like a cheap alternative. Do the shop vacs come with the dust rated bags as an accesory or are the units specifically designed of very fine dust applications?

The bags are an accessory. They come in 3 packs for about $9. The basic ShopVac has a pleated filter, but the dust bag is the way to go. It really protects the motor and contains the dust.

Well I picked up 3 dust bags from Home Cheapo last night. Haven't had a chance to see if they fit my Shop Vac yet.

Also picked up a cheap black pail from Target for 15 bucks...same one in the link above. Thanks BEGREEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.