County park score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I hit the county park this morning for the second day of their free firewood program. It's mostly deadfall and some of it was badly rotten, but I lucked out because I had brought my brother along (most guys were there by themselves) and together we were able to hoist some MASSIVE chunks of oak into the truck that were passed over because they were impossible for one person to handle. Can't wait to get it home and crack it open!

fire2.jpg

fire1.jpg

Congratulations Badfish.

Next time take along a plank so you can roll those big ones up onto the truck rather than lifting.

savage - never even considered a plank - i wish i could post a pic of all the light bulbs around my head right now. THANKS
good score badfish

You are welcome. That is why I am on this forum; to try to give a bit of help to others. Glad I could help you.

f3cbboy said:
savage - never even considered a plank - i wish i could post a pic of all the light bulbs around my head right now. THANKS
good score badfish

Even better, sand the plank really smooth and wax the crap out of it with something like butchers wax, rub it in then wipe off all the excess, then you can put rounds on flat end down and they slide up like a dream. Great for when they are a shape that doesn't want to roll very well.

Well, you could always use a come-a-long to pull them up too.

Maybe bring along a sledge hammer and a couple wedges and split it to handling size. ;-)

And the wife to swing the sledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.