Countyline 22 ton Log Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ntomsw

Jan 5, 2015
Monadnock Region NH
Hello,

I purchased a new CountyLine 22 ton log splitter from Tractor Supply today, with a Kohler 3000 series (SH265) engine. I can't seem to find anywhere, but how do I change the oil on this thing?

Probably a dumb question, I know, but can't see it in the manual, or find a single video of it anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

For the hour or so that I used it today, it's a beast. Ran flawless, and split anything I threw at it. Biggest pieces I had were maybe 30" round. Overall, for the money, seems to be a really nice machine.

The drain plug should be on the base of the engine on the opposite side from the hydraulic oil tank on the splitter.

upload_2015-8-16_19-49-19.png

A small hand pump work's just fine for removing the old oil. Just be careful not to overfill when refilling.....

if it is a vertical shaft unit- crankcase oil plug on bottom of eng. - very inconvenient

It's a horizontal shaft engine.

Drain plug is like photo above, I just didn't see it before. Thank you!

What do you guys use for motor oil for these things?

Here in MO a SAE 30w works just fine. May have to fine tune that for your NH temps.

Last edited:
Excellent. I've used it more than 5-6 hours now, so would like to do the first oil change. Thanks!

Reactions: Grateful11
I actually rigged up a 2" ball to my Ariens riding mower, so I can tow it around my yard now. Epic. Haha

Reactions: Grateful11
I actually rigged up a 2" ball to my Ariens riding mower, so I can tow it around my yard now. Epic. Haha

I hear ya. It's the only way to fly ;-) Our Deere has an 1 1/4" receiver hitch on the front and back.
eel1g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.