Couple 034s...love 'em!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckthornBonnie

Jan 1, 2013
Penn Yan, NY
I'd been lookin' around for another saw since last fall. My 250 is great but I wanted a backup saw that can handle a bit bigger wood when needed. I ended up finding an old 034 in the back of my local shop...reminded me of our 036 at the cabin so I got it for $135 after checking the p/c (still good) and checkin MasterMech's opinion of an 034. They were asking $150 since they knew it ran. After a new bar/chain, air filter, fuel & impulse lines, it's back in business. I got some help tuning it after the clean-up...she's pretty darn good.
The other day I went back to the shop to grab a couple things and noticed they just got another 034 in. They didn't know if it ran so I pulled the muff and liked what I saw. I got that for $90 w/out trying to start it. Worst case I figured I have a nice parts saw. Well, you know how it goes sometimes... got her cleaned up and she started! Replaced all the usual parts and now am going to check rpms. Both saws are old (the first one is a 30yr old stud just like yours truly) but I figure I can work on 'em myself and get plenty of parts.
sawphoto2.JPG
sawphoto 1.JPG
Not the best pics... but then again they're not the prettiest things at this age. A lil more clean-up and I'm ready to get into BTUS.

You can get $250-300 for those on CL here all day and night... maybe more in that condition.

Nice haul there. They look pretty to me... I have an 036 PRO that is the bigger brother to those.

Your 036 PRO is a great saw. If one of these bad-boys acts up, you know I'll be lookin for a new top-end as an upgrade. That price seems about what I'd pay for a mint 034 after running them for a few tanks. They're fun!

Sweet! I really like the balance of the saws. They're not too heavy and absolutely tear up wood. If other people are out there looking for a decent #2 saw and don't want to pay full price for a new pro-line, I'd highly recommend finding a decent 034/036. That one in Portland looks pretty decent. Why the high interest up there? You guys must know a quality saw when you see one haha

Dunno... just the way it is, and has been here. 034/036/360s command a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.