Couple more pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad S.

Nov 27, 2007
West Bend WI
Getting there. Just need to tile the pad and put the wall shield up, throw the bucket in the ceiling drop the chimney in, flash it on the roof, hook the stove up and BURN! Probably about 3 weeks, I like taking my time :)
We haven't picked out the facing for the durock on the wall shield so when it is done it will be a pretty wall that says "Durock USG" on it. We want to see what the stove actually looks like on the slate we picked before making any decisions.

Attachments

• pic3.gif
    pic3.gif
    251.3 KB · Views: 326
  • pic 4.gif
    pic 4.gif
    174.9 KB · Views: 327
Chadwylde said:
Getting there. Just need to tile the pad and put the wall shield up, throw the bucket in the ceiling drop the chimney in, flash it on the roof, hook the stove up and BURN! Probably about 3 weeks, I like taking my time :)
We haven't picked out the facing for the durock on the wall shield so when it is done it will be a pretty wall that says "Durock USG" on it. We want to see what the stove actually looks like on the slate we picked before making any decisions.

Nice install going! Like that floor tile! Going with same for hearth floor? What color FV did you get?

Got the charcoal. I actually could just set it on the floor cause the tile is on 1/2" backer board but I don't want anyone setting their beers or sippy cups on the stove while its running!! It will be safer with the 5' wide 4' deep hearth pad. The tile for the pad is going to be a natural slate called zerra polished and should be in by the end of the week. And the wall is going to have the backer-board an inch off it top and bottom open. For the wall we want a natural ledgestone thin veneer but will make our final decision once everything else is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.