Cover or don't cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir, that is one impressive wood pile.

Strong work!

And that is just a very small part of what we have on hand. Probably got enough to go to about the year 2019 or 2020 right now. Some of that might leave the place though but no matter what, we'll keep on cutting. I'm in my 70's now so the work might start to get a bit harder to do so I plan on being prepared. Besides, we had a lot of white ash and still have lots to cut because it all died. Still makes excellent firewood.

Reactions: Nixon
My great grandpa was still cutting and splitting at age 95, when he had a fall getting dressed one morning, and broke his hip. That ended his cutting and splitting days.

Point is... 70 ain't that old, Dennis!

It varies a lot on how long people can continue. Naturally genes have a lot to do with it as does attitude. For sure I want to continue as long as possible.

I followed the hearth.com "when the snow flies" rule until then even that became a PITA. Decided to permanently sheathe my stacks and shingle em. Got 4 of 'em.
Roofs 8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.