Covered Metal Can - For Oily Rags

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a small, galvanized trash can with a lid? I use one of those for ashes. Sold at most hardware stores.

Check your industrial supply houses (Graingers, etc) they should have them - note that they are much more substantial in construction than the garbage can that Eric was suggesting, but unfortunately they are also on the pricey side.

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Check your industrial supply houses (Graingers, etc) they should have them - note that they are much more substantial in construction than the garbage can that Eric was suggesting, but unfortunately they are also on the pricey side.

Gooserider

The "Garage Sale" I went to today at a local welding shop was selling the yellow and red FM approved ones for $5 a piece...

Sad day... local business that can't compete with foreign junk has to drastically downsize and liquidate and 99% of the people act like vultures... as if it was like shopping at Walmart.

"Great prices...wish I could come across more deals like this" I heard someone say.... I shook my head and couldn't help it..."Yeah only problem is if it keeps up you won't have a job either".

When will people learn... "Can't beat em' join em'..."

Yeah enjoy today..tommorow is sold.

Anyone by chance looking for 30lb rolls of .045" mig wire?? They were selling rolls of it for $20.00 each... and had a whole pallet.

keyman512us said:
Gooserider said:

Gooserider

The "Garage Sale" I went to today at a local welding shop was selling the yellow and red FM approved ones for $5 a piece...

Sad day... local business that can't compete with foreign junk has to drastically downsize and liquidate and 99% of the people act like vultures... as if it was like shopping at Walmart.

"Great prices...wish I could come across more deals like this" I heard someone say.... I shook my head and couldn't help it..."Yeah only problem is if it keeps up you won't have a job either".

When will people learn... "Can't beat em' join em'..."

Yeah enjoy today..tommorow is sold.

Anyone by chance looking for 30lb rolls of .045" mig wire?? They were selling rolls of it for $20.00 each... and had a whole pallet.

Well If they have any more of the rag cans, I could certainly use one at that price - One of those has been on my list of "I'd like to have" items for years, but never found one at a price I was willing to pay. Ditto the Mig wire - I could use ONE roll - not like I seriously need it, but it would increase my supply - ditto for the smaller sizes.

A BIG item that I could really use is a "spool gun" for welding aluminum that would work with a Lincoln welder. In the past I've replaced the liner in the regular gun and used the normal drive, but that is a tremendous pain to do and doesn't give good results.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.