Covered Wood Rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1.... about half around me burn wood and other half use propane or heat pumps. The latter half still burns wood in their fire pits.

It'll be a thing of beauty when filled up. You can always plant a climbing vine on the end and train it up the posts and across the front to help soften the look for the wife.

I completely understand small yards and close neighbors. I have good neighbors on both sides, one has a woodstove and his stacks are over the property line a little, but I am fine with it. The other has a firepit, which I offer some splits to him every once in a while. Neighbor across the street has a firepit and we get along fine. Now I think of it, if everyone just burned wood, we'd all get along.

Looks good. One of my projects for next year is to build another woodshed.

Me too... I just started to top cover.. Did the same last year.

2012-08-07_20-59-18_492.jpg

@DexterDay - stacks look good w/the cover

Got going stacking...

Much better...they just look wrong empty...:)

Used roll roofing to finsih the roof only because I had a spare roll.
Total cost nearly $400 (don't ask me how I don't know).
Finished stacking a recent scrounge of maple, black locust etc.
This is my year 3 supply. I have over 2 cords of 1yr seasoned splits in the basement.
How do I prevent myself from pulling some of the black locust I split for this winter ? I want to see how it burns. I see this as a problem already.

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
I made similar racks JJ, I just havent figured out what to do for a roof yet.

Used roll roofing to finsih the roof only because I had a spare roll.
Total cost nearly $400 (don't ask me how I don't know).
Finished stacking a recent scrounge of maple, black locust etc.
This is my year 3 supply. I have over 2 cords of 1yr seasoned splits in the basement.
How do I prevent myself from pulling some of the black locust I split for this winter ? I want to see how it burns. I see this as a problem already.

Now were talking....nice. Where are you going to put the next one?...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.