1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Covered Woodpiles

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by woodjack, Jan 4, 2012.

1. RWA6541

RWA6541 Member

Loc:
    BRONX, NY

Single Row stacks are nice, another thing to add. When I move the wood in my basement or garage I like to run an oscillating fan and dehumidifier for a couple weeks, because it always seems to bring moisture in. Of course this defeats some of the cost savings of being a wood burner...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. timusp40

timusp40 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    After reading all the posts and looking at the pictures, I decieded to cover only the tops. I think there will still be plenty of air circulation. Other pic is the cookie box for all the oddball stuff.

Attached Files:

3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

timus nice setup!....looks alot like my pile. I have a bunch of recently cut and split stuff I have to stack yet. there is a BIG HOLE in the middle of my stack as that is where I started burning from this season......that stuff in the middle has been seasoning for three years so that's where I started.......I'll try to post a pic of mine soon.....not nearly as nice as others on here!
  4. artmos

artmos Member

Loc:
    waay back in the holler- northern kentucky
    steeltownwv has a good idea how to fasten the tarps. i'm gonna steal it as soon as my tarps arrive from amazon.will only cover the top of the pile.my current wood is all in my new woodshed. 2-3 years is my target under tarp. art
  5. woodjack

woodjack Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Woodstock, NY
    Which method is that?
  6. artmos

artmos Member

Loc:
    waay back in the holler- northern kentucky
    woodjack- steeltowns post is the one directly after yours where you quote thoreau. page one of this thread. gives the details of how he fastens the tarp to the pile. art