Covering Stacks using rubber roofing you got for free, Where do you all get it ?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
So many people using rubber roofing they got for free, Where do you all get it ?????
The regular tarps I'm using are a PITA , and I know they will fall apart after a while<>

I can't speak for that but right now I've got a few stacks covered with old laminate doors I found at the trash. Obviously not as durable but it keeps the wood dry. They've been on there a few months and they're still holding up okay

Talk to some construction crews or better yet, roofing crews. When they replace, the stuff is still good for covering firewood. I lucked out once and simply asked and got a big square of new stuff free.

I lucked out and found a mess of it on craigslist. I don't know where the guy got it but he had 10x14, 12x18, and such sized pieces. Some of it has some kind of fiber reinforcement in it, I mean it's really heavy duty stuff, perfect.

I cut strips a couple inches wider than a row of split wood and just roll it out on top, throw some block or locust rounds on top and that's it. I cut a few pieces 2 rows wide too.

I tried all the rest, and the rubber roofing is the BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.