Covering Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Arc_Dad said:
Old spark. I don't have a shed yet and think the wood is too wet for being split and stacked for all most 2 years. It's time to getting dryer would as cheap as possible. But I'm not going to make our modest subdivision go through blue tarp alley. And the boat covers may work. I've got a nearby boat yard that uses the white stuff that sticks right to the boats. Maybe white plastic alley wouldn't be that offensive.?

I agree with you in that I really hate those blue tarps. Besides, tarps will not last very long at all and many times you are better off not covering. You certainly do not want an eyesore in a subdivision.

Here is one idea. We use old galvanized roofing that we've scrounged. I've paid nothing for ours and we have lots.

Woodfrom2009.jpg

In the picture you might notice the far stack is covered with the rubber roofing. It is okay, but I like the hard roofing much, much better. This was an experiment but we probably won't use any rubber roofing again unless we get too much wood and have to use it.

Did the Backwoods Savage actually say that? Who has hacked his account? I know those words 'too much wood' would never come out of his keyboard unless preceded by "You can never have" ..... :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.