Cows Up Close For The First Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
One of my brothers was visiting us for Easter. They live in the city and this was the first time my niece had been up close to cows. She even got to feed one of the 'babies'.
1.jpg

Here she is checking out the 'big cows' when I start milking. My big gut is on the right side of the picture!
2.jpg

Cool Quads

Love the babies! Its a lot of fun to watch them run for the first time. We haven't had any cattle for 20+ years

Billy

Neat experience I bet for your niece!

What's this? We only get photos of 'body portions of Quads' (hands previously, partial gut photo now)? If we wait long enough maybe we can put them all together to 'get the whole picture'! :)

Shari

Shari said:

What's this? We only get photos of 'body portions of Quads' (hands previously, partial gut photo now)? If we wait long enough maybe we can put them all together to 'get the whole picture'! :)

Shari
I'm making a jigsaw puzzle! Remember also the new boots, the wet snowy legs,........

She will always remember that day with uncle Quads. Pretty calf!

Shari said:

Shari

We can then call him "Frankenquads".
As usual, cool pics. Your niece looks like she's having fun.

Reminds me of old times. It was always fun when we had company. One of my favorites was one day one of my nieces was there when we were letting the cows in to be milked. Over top of each cow we had their names on a big tag. I was locking the stanchions when she asked, "Do the cows go just to any place?" Well no, they always go to the same spot day after day. She asked, "How do they know where to go?" Naturally I told her that they look up and when they see their names, they know that is where they are supposed to stand! She never did catch on!

Of course, I'm sure quads also recalls some of the jokes we always had to play with the electric fence. That was always good for some laughs, especially if we could convince someone to pee on the fence! They learned a new dance without music.

But milking time was almost always a good time. We could have visitors and they could come to the barn and we got to talk while doing the work. It made the time pass quickly. But the best thing about milking is that there was always a meal after the work was done!

Backwoods Savage said:
Reminds me of old times. It was always fun when we had company. One of my favorites was one day one of my nieces was there when we were letting the cows in to be milked. Over top of each cow we had their names on a big tag. I was locking the stanchions when she asked, "Do the cows go just to any place?" Well no, they always go to the same spot day after day. She asked, "How do they know where to go?" Naturally I told her that they look up and when they see their names, they know that is where they are supposed to stand! She never did catch on!

Of course, I'm sure quads also recalls some of the jokes we always had to play with the electric fence. That was always good for some laughs, especially if we could convince someone to pee on the fence! They learned a new dance without music.

But milking time was almost always a good time. We could have visitors and they could come to the barn and we got to talk while doing the work. It made the time pass quickly. But the best thing about milking is that there was always a meal after the work was done!
Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.