Cozy Heat now has Tarm...I just noticed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmsolo60

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2007
Adirondack Mountains
I just noticed on the banner above they now have Tarm. Maybe someone else pointed this out and I missed it, If so sorry for the duplicate post. I thought Nichols Hardware in NH was the only place you could buy them.

I bought my tarm from "Burner Boys" in Brodhead, WI in 2005. So I know of at least one other place that sells them. They also help with any part or all of the installation.

jp

TS60... how long ago did you buy yours, and at what price? (if you don't mind me asking...)

How much are you heating with it, how well insulated, and do you feel it is sized appropriately for what you have?

MarcM said:
TS60... how long ago did you buy yours, and at what price? (if you don't mind me asking...)

How much are you heating with it, how well insulated, and do you feel it is sized appropriately for what you have?

I purchased the boiler in the spring of 2005, got it online january 2006 with no storage, and finally got my storage online fall 2007. As for the price, I looked quickly and couldn't find my paperwork. It was less expensive than now but that was before metals and fossil fuel got so expensive, so I would think what I paid would be irrelevant(Not that I wouldn't tell you, just can't seem to put my finger on my invoice right now).

I'm heating a 4 year old well insulated 2800 sf house with radiant and an additional 2100 sf basement(dump zone radiant slab). basement doesn't really run much. Future heat will be an existing 1600 sf garage with radiant and a outside hot tub. It handles the load easily now and even idles occasionally (unfortunately) if I don't watch my wood to heat load. My storage is 957 stss tank with 3 180 ft heat coils(3/4) and 1 120 ft DHW coil.

I probably could have gotten by with a smaller boiler, maybe not though with my future heat load. I didn't know anyone with a gasifier at the time and knew the storage would give me a buffer on an oversized boiler. So, yes I think it is sized appropriately for what I have now and will have on it later. I would have worried about the size more if I didn't have storage.

Thanks, for the info. Because of the proximity of the Tarm dealer to where I'll be in a few months (Central MA) the Solo 60 is near the top of my list for heating units, going into a ~3500 sq ft farmhouse (actual usable floor space is hard to estimate because quite a bit of the second floor is under sloped roofs) that will be well insulated and have brand new windows by the time I'm done with it. I also plan to use it for a hot tub but probably not the garage. Sounds like the 60 should be about what I need, and probably around a 1000 gal of storage, but I might do as you did and wait a year or two on the tank. Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.