1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

cpm-10 Brick Fiberboard broken

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by railcon56, Jan 4, 2013.

1. railcon56

railcon56 Member

Loc:
    Central Pa.
    I broke my brick fiberboard ..Is the stove safe to operate without it until a new one arrives?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sculptor

sculptor Member

Loc:
    central nc
    I can't say if it's safe or not. You may get an over-fire error code. Mine broke and was waiting for one in the mail. It came quicker than I anticipated, but I managed to put the two pieces together and held it in place with an oversized washer on the screw that holds it in place. I was fortunate enough to have it break down the middle right through the hole in the firebrick. It only ran for a day with no problems.
    stoveguy2esw likes this.
  3. VanderLaan

VanderLaan Member

Loc:
    Central IL
    If the break is clean, you could try and patch it with some furnace cement and a strip of metal until the replacement arrives.
    stoveguy2esw likes this.
  4. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    yeah, what they said, if we can piece it together so its there a crack isnt going to cause a problem especially short term.
  5. railcon56

railcon56 Member

Loc:
    Central Pa.
    Ok I'm ordering a new one today.... BUT if it cant be patched is it safe to use without it until new one arrives ... Or will it make the hopper too hot.
  6. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    its fine it is just cosmetic