crabbe wood pellets on pei

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after using crabbe pellets for a week in my harman advance.....ash is very puffed up,like its full of air but there is not as many fines as canwick or eastern embers. It seems to burn as hot as eastern embers with less dust. The canwicks are very hot but produce a lot of fine ash and the longest burning of the three ....just my observations this being my first winter burning pellets.

So after using crabbe pellets for a week in my harman advance.....ash is very puffed up,like its full of air but there is not as many fines as canwick or eastern embers. It seems to burn as hot as eastern embers with less dust. The canwicks are very hot but produce a lot of fine ash and the longest burning of the three ....just my observations this being my first winter burning pellets.

granville said:
Does anybody else use crabbe pellets???

I've been burning Crabbes and canawicks all winter. The stove does what i need it to do with them. Haven't tried many others but at $4.49 a bag for the crabbes i have not seen a need. Some of my co-workers burn the crabbes and are happy with then. They had also tried a few bags of Granules (not positive on the name....) that walmart were selling, they were okay as well. Trebios were /are available at walmart too, they produce quite a bit of ash but burn okay in my harman.

I burn Crabbe pellets - I can actually see where they are produced from my kitchen window.

I'm pleased with them, and expect to buy more next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.