Cracked glass F55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clark77

Jan 11, 2015
NJ
So last night my wife accidentally cracked the glass on our jotul f55. She closed the door on a piece of wood and it cracked.
They piece is stable in there so I would assume that it's safe to burn until we get replacement, right? We are going to burn it at lower temps just until we replace the glass.
I'm going to call my local dealer today and see how much they cost.
Anything I should know when I swap the glass out for the new piece?

You can find replacements on line, Mine was cracked last year and found it MUCH less then the dealer. It was a glass shop that makes stove glass.

You remember where and how much

Thanks

She said she closed it softly and only when she started to close the handle, did it crack. Hey it happens. Just par for the course for me lately.
Things come in threes right... Thanksgiving week our van was totalled while down in NC. Was rear ended while stopped at a light.

1a40212f76df3caa8bdbd687b9182b1f.jpg

Yesterday on my way to work, a deer ran into the side of my 3 month old truck and now this.

d9b85fdab2349d4af30ffbfb1711fc57.jpg

She said she closed it softly and only when she started to close the handle, did it crack. Hey it happens. Just par for the course for me lately.
Things come in threes right... Thanksgiving week our van was totalled while down in NC. Was rear ended while stopped at a light.

View attachment 168857

Yesterday on my way to work, a deer ran into the side of my 3 month old truck and now this.

View attachment 168858

Wow, that's rough man. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Hopefully you'll get a break for a while.

New glass installed and back up and running!

bec7fd8e66231757c951134080f91e3d.jpg

Excellent, I would want to turn the stove off either with that dawg over there..lol, Back in September my sister had her van totaled in NC also, she was hit head on, thankfully her, my brother in law and the kids had very minor injuries. Sounds like NC is a rough place to drive for us NJ'ers

Reactions: warbonnet
I called my dealer and they said it would take them weeks to get the glass from jotul and said it would be expensive. So they refer all customers looking for replacement glass to a local glass/mirror place.
I looked online and most places were $130+ plus shipping and nothing quick on shipping. I found one site that was posted above for around $100 plus shipping but I opted to get it local. My wife brought over the broken piece and they cut it to size in minutes.
Total was $150. I'm happy that it's done quick and that I gave my business to a local business

Win / Win! That's pretty hard to beat. Glad the local route worked out so well.

Reactions: clark77
If we don't support some of the local folks, we will lose them. I do not mind spending a little more to have someone local that I can talk to face to face. Good news!

Reactions: clark77 and 7acres
Kudos to your dealer as well . . . nice when a dealership is willing to lose a bit of money in order to help save the customer some money and get their stove back up and running quicker . . . dealerships like that make me want to continue to do business with them.

Reactions: CrufflerJJ
Status
Not open for further replies.