Craftsman 42cc plug gap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2007
Saugerties, NY
Googled a bit and I am unable to find the answer.

Just picked up a replacement plug for my old reliable craftsman 18" 42cc saw, had it apart for new spring isolators for the handle as mine finally vibrated themselves into several pieces and decided to do a basic tuneup and clenaing. I spritzed the carb with some gumout, put in a new air filter and dropped in the new plug. Got it all back together and of course now it won't fire. I got it to stumble for a second on the first start attempt, but beyond that it doesn't wanna go. I do not know the correct gap so I figured I'd check here. I beleive its basically a Poulan 42cc saw with a green craftsman case on it.

Any thoughts?

.025 or so is the most common gap. more info is needed to find recommended gap. what model/serial number is the saw? what year? http://www.sparkplugs.com/ found this site very helpfull. good luck!

Model number 358350480. Serial number 01190d102682. Bought new in 97 I think.

I will check that site, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.