Craftsman Fuel Line repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
I wanted to know if maybe you could help me repair an olderish craftsman that leaks where the fuel line goes into the tank at the top of the tank. If the tank is full and I tilt it to the side it will slowly leak out of there. I was wondering if I can apply this steel stick around the fuel line to stop the leak?

Should I just put the steel stick around the line while it is in the fuel tank. Or should I remove the line and apply the steel stick then put the fuel line back in?

Is there a nipple or something where the line goes into the tank? Is the line leaking, or is the tank leaking?

I wanted to know if maybe you could help me repair an olderish craftsman that leaks where the fuel line goes into the tank at the top of the tank. If the tank is full and I tilt it to the side it will slowly leak out of there. I was wondering if I can apply this steel stick around the fuel line to stop the leak?

Should I just put the steel stick around the line while it is in the fuel tank. Or should I remove the line and apply the steel stick then put the fuel line back in?

How old of a saw? I had a 8yo Craftsman and I just replaced the line to fix the leak. Very easy.

The hole in the fuel tank where the fuel line goes into it is leaking. It is leaking right around the hole on the outside of the fuel line. Wanted to know if the steel stick would fix this too and how?

Without seeing a picture to get a better idea, I would say give it a try and see if it works. You can always re-do it if it doesn't work. I'm not familiar with steel stick so I cant say either way about it. I have used JB weld on things like that.

Reactions: 04HemiRam2500
Thanks Sinngetreu!! I will try it and let you know. I also took your advice and got a new fuel line just to see if that may be the issue!!

Thanks Sinngetreu!! I will try it and let you know. I also took your advice and got a new fuel line just to see if that may be the issue!!

A new fuel line never hurts. :) Hope it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.