Craiglist Notch cut Pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Thought you guys would get a good laugh at this one. That notch cut looks really scary. These guys should have not been takin trees down. but im glad they did cause i got a lot of wood. but wow . scary. and another little update on how my piles are growing rapidly. Got to cut up another 3 good size oaks tomorrow. im being blessed with wood. its coming in faster than i know what to do with it and i think sales are going to be good. Also talked to a tree service company today think i might be gettin an in with them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 479
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 474
Good for you eco.

Maybe they cut that tree during or right after a wild party!

Looks like you are on a heap a week pace. Nice work.

Hard to tell what they did from that notch cut. Pic of the landing zone need to put the puzzle back together.

I like the 8 inch hinge on there

ecocavalier02 said:
I like the 8 inch hinge on there

The tree seems to be leaning very hard and the trunk is not all in tact. It could very well be a good fell. Very difficult to tell with that kinda trunk and not seeing the bigger Pic. With the hard lean the 8 inchs seems fine.

maxed_out said:
we wish you good luck, keep us posted!
maybe. But da say dem boys Wazz talkan aboowt it. Lol it seemed scary. They had another one ready to cut before I left and he wanted to use my saw to cut the tree I said. I don't think so. He said there saw was to small.

ecocavalier02 said:
Thought you guys would get a good laugh at this one. That notch cut looks really scary. These guys should have not been takin trees down. but im glad they did cause i got a lot of wood. but wow . scary. and another little update on how my piles are growing rapidly. Got to cut up another 3 good size oaks tomorrow. im being blessed with wood. its coming in faster than i know what to do with it and i think sales are going to be good. Also talked to a tree service company today think i might be gettin an in with them.

Looks good ecocavalier02, it also looks like you might need a new area for stacking.

Zap

i know. im going to overload the heaps as much as i can. will see how things go this year if its profitable engough. i would like to maybe rent a lot somewhere. but i will need to be hooked up with more tree services first. will see how it goes. one step at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.