Craig's list Oak $90 1/12 cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
That's right. $90 for 1/4 face cord! Or, $1080 per cord! I wonder how much of this he sells at this price.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/for/1577659486.html

I Copied the ad in case it expires.

Perfect FIREWOOD (oak ONLY!!!) - $90 (Tristate)

BEST Seasoned FIREWOOD FOR SALE (oak ONLY!!!) from $90.

OAK FIREWOOD Sale: Great quality firewood for sale (more than 1 year seasoned).
No Mixed hardwood, oak, maple, mulberry, JUST THE BEST - OAK !!!.
No Stacking fees:
1/4 face cord $90.00 16"Wx 2'H x 4'L
1/2 face cord $150.00 16"Wx 4'H x 4'L
1 FACE cord $250.00 16"Wx 4'H x 8'L (as shown on the picture)
bundle $10.00 (10 pcs.)

FREE Deliveries, stacking and wrapped in plastic. Cash only.
Stacking fees: will be greater, if you have more than 10 steps or pile must be more than 100' away from the driveway. Please call to inquire. Same day deliveries.

Call (914) 484-3359 or e-mails
10 good reasons to heat with wood http://www.woodheat.org/why/10good.htm
WHITE AND RED OAK ONLY!!!. Check the national research (VA State University):
-Heat value (Btu/cord) 20,450,000 in airtight wood stove!!! (twice more than pine firewood and twice cheaper than Con-Edison natural gas)
- Production of Heavy Smoke - lowest among North American firewood (less chimney cleaning calls)
- Production of Sparks - lowest among North American firewood (safety!)"

1,080 a cord what a deal....WTH, this guy must be smoking the Hippie Lettuce!
He must also live next to some NY Jets or Giants players that can afford that price :)

Oak seasoned more than 1 year...... better hope its 2 years or he should just add a free chimney cleaning with that ridiculous price
Keep an eye out for that price to steadily drop when this rookie wood seller realizes that he is charging way too much

As a famous fighter in Rocky III says
"I PITTY THE FOOL"

Is this guy a Congressional firewood supplier? "$400.00 for a hammer...?" (Judd Hursh (sp?) in Independance Day)

Imagine if this guy sold heating oil... $40 a gallon...

If I used 5 cords at $1080.00, comes out to $5400 annually. I can tell my wife that I am saving $5400 a year and since I am SAVING that much, we can afford
to eat beef tenderloin every meal.

:)

That is still .01 less than an equivalent amount of propane.

Some folks just don't have a clue.

Probably selling into that same pool that buys thier wood at the grocery store 5 splits at a time.
Spell checkers are apreciated by many of those buyers, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.