Craig's List pine ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
This from Hudson Valley, NY CL.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/zip/2077411660.html

FREE PINE LOGS-WILL PAY $1 EACH TO HAVE YOU REMOVE THEM (SPARROWBUSH)
Date: 2010-11-24, 8:22AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I HAVE ABOUT 35 PINE LOGS MOSTLY CUT UP INTO TWO FOOT SECTIONS, SOME ARE ABOUT FOUR FEET AND JUST NEED TO BE CUT IN HALF WITH A CHAINSAW. I WILL PAY $1 FOR EACH TWO FOOT LOG REMOVED. IF YOU CAN USE SOME PINE LOGS FOR YOUR OUTDOOR FURNACE OR OUTDOOR FIRE PLACE CALL JIM AT 845-856-7240. THIS IS A GREAT DEAL, YOU GET FREE WOOD AND MAKE SOME MONEY ON TOP OF IT! I WOULD LIKE THESE LOGS GONE BY SUNDAY IF POSSIBLE.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 2077411660-0

PostingID: 2077411660

Not a bad deal.

Go get it Steve.

wow, I would be all over that. That add would last about 10 minutes on C/L around here, in ten minutes he would have more responses than he knew what to do with

I wonder if I can drive to New York and back this afternoon.

I'll pass. It's pretty far from me, I have no time these days, I don't really have any room for more wood on my 1/4 acre, and there is about 2 cords of Oak on the ground 1/2 mile from me just waiting for me to find the time. I will try pine some time, just not instead of Oak.

If I had a 660 I would take it.

If you go make sure you drive the Hawk's Nest, both directions.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

????

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

Been there many times Kayaking!

Ok Googled Hawk's Nest. Is it the road near Port Jervis? Looks interesting, but nowhere near me and not between me and Sparrowbush, NY either.

Cut them in half "on site" and ask for $ 70.00 for doing a good deed.

Ummmm . . .the Hawk's nest is in SparrowBush

Why does a guy just the other side of the river not know this place, yet some Dude from the Plains does?!? :wow:

It's all good . . .and it wouldn't be much fun at 35 °F anyway . . .whether in a Kayak, or a more tradional ride
hawksnest.jpg.w560h420.jpg

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Ummmm . . .the Hawk's nest is in SparrowBush

Why does a guy just the other side of the river not know this place, yet some Dude from the Plains does?!? :wow:

It's all good . . .and it wouldn't be much fun at 35 °F anyway . . .whether in a Kayak, or a more tradional ride
hawksnest.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Dry suite I would run for 2-3 hrs!

I'm not sure what happened, but when searched Sparrowbush, NY I got a place up near Saratoga. Of course when I tried again just now it is near Port Jervis. I am not sure what happened before.

Hi from Northwest Oregon. I'm new to the forum and soon to be new to heating with wood (house is under construction) so I'm really starting at the beginning of the learning curve here, so be patient! :)

I understand that the woods available in other parts of the country are typically hardwoods such as oak, cherry, etc. What I'm seeing here locally is more Hemlock (Pine??) Fir, Alder, and Maple. I do see oak and cherry, but not as often. So.. why burn pine only outdoors? Does it do something to the stoves? If so, for those from this area, are we to do something extra because we burn pine?

Also, when I do find wood to buy, how much can I fit in my full sized pickup? I have an F-350 dually crew cab.

Just getting started with the questions, but that's it for now... thanks!

that ad for sparowbush has been there a long time on craigslist. maybe the uy is a developer?

If you put sideboards, you can fit a cord easily.

Junque said:
Also, when I do find wood to buy, how much can I fit in my full sized pickup? I have an F-350 dually crew cab.

Wow! I'm usually happy enough with free pine. I'd be really happy burning pine someone "paid" me to haul away.

Junque said:
Hi from Northwest Oregon. I'm new to the forum and soon to be new to heating with wood (house is under construction) so I'm really starting at the beginning of the learning curve here, so be patient! :)

I understand that the woods available in other parts of the country are typically hardwoods such as oak, cherry, etc. What I'm seeing here locally is more Hemlock (Pine??) Fir, Alder, and Maple. I do see oak and cherry, but not as often. So.. why burn pine only outdoors? Does it do something to the stoves? If so, for those from this area, are we to do something extra because we burn pine?

In New England white and red pine makes for a good campsite campfire / back yard fire due to the heat and speed at which it burns. You often do not want an all night smoldering campfire.
We can burn white and red pine but it can keep ya busy keeping the stove full.

I calculate 75% of the cubic capacity of the bed. Tossed in loose. Usually pretty close.

Junque said:

He was being sarcastic. He heats only with pine and it is a lot colder there...pine is great wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.