Craig's list score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazeedan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2006
SW Michigan
photo-18.JPG photo-19.JPG photo-20.JPG A little bit of work today. And a couple more lined up.

Hay thats a great score ! dont get to many good ones . :cool:

Nice score!! mind any widow-makers and rot in those other two. all free?

Usually I don't do to well off craig's list. I don't like dropping dead trees. I can drop in any direction. That makes it a little better.

Nice score , no worries dropping those babies

Nice score. Looks like decent wood. About half way seasoned.

Usually I don't do to well off craig's list. I don't like dropping dead trees. I can drop in any direction. That makes it a little better.

Take your time doing it and learn how to do it right and you will feel more comfortable with it. Also, when cutting, keep an eye on the kerf. You'll know right then when the tree is starting to fall and you are in the best position. That is the time to retract the saw and get out of there. It is the same when bucking the wood. Keep an eye on the kerf and you will know that it is right when you see it begin to close that you need that saw out of there fast. This way you won't get the saw pinched.

This was my craigslist score for today:

zsjj.jpg

The tree company actually made the post on craigslist. Taking down 6 big trees just north of town about 2 miles from my house. Tons of wood there, they'll be working all day ... this is all my small truck could handle in one load. They even did a rough split (as you can see), and loaded my truck.

Reactions: Soundchasm
Now if they would only deliver. (to Michigan)

Wow thats awesome ..! good for you ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.