Craig's list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a light "half cord"

He's gotta be high.I got almost 4 times that much for FREE last September,barely 5 blocks from home.Most was bucked to length,all the smaller stuff I burned.Several of the nicest larger logs from 14"-18" diameter I milled into slabs & blocks for woodturning,sold about $200 worth last winter.

Looks like it was c/s/s a couple days ago. Doubt it is ready to burn.

Might throw in a case of beer and some Bourbon.... ;-)

smokinjay said:

And it better be the good stuff at that price too! At least a fifth of Jack & a case or 2 of Stella or Heineken

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:

And it better be the good stuff at that price too! At least a fifth of Jack & a case or 2 of Stella or Heineken

Do Not cheap out here....That guy worked harder for that short 1/2 cord than he has ever work in his life! Seems only fair! :coolsmile:

Maybe he only knows a face cord? At that price, I'd cut and sell a whole lot.

Backwoods Savage said:
Maybe he only knows a face cord? At that price, I'd cut and sell a whole lot.

Yep, fella could make a reasonable living @ those prices. Have a tough time gettin me to take walnut for free, not the best firewood imo. I'll cut it if it's close & easy to get to though.

lukem said:
Looks like it was c/s/s a couple days ago. Doubt it is ready to burn.

His idea of ready to burn might mean its been split and can fit in the stove. Most dealers around here dont know what ready to burn means, I doubt any of them know what a moisture meter is.

Status
Not open for further replies.