Craigslist Beauty!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I love finding these things!

http://albany.craigslist.org/mat/842624217.html

Large oak tree ,yours if you cut it,needs a boom truck or a really good climber its between 2 houses and i will help..call me at 253 4063 and leave a message if no answer..thanks

It's just the tree that an uninsured hack should drop! I wonder what the neighbor thinks about this idea?

Matt

If it needs a truck or climbers, it needs a licensed and insured professional. The homeowner is a fool.

For free wood, I'll drop almost anything as long as it will not hit a structure.

I answered a craiglist for wood in southern Indiana. I went and saw the wood which was 10-15 foot chunks about 25 inches in diameter or so. The wood was back on the guys land with weeds grown up around and he said he would pull the chunks up or move them where I could get at them

After 2 hours of work and splitting by hand I had about half a truck load. I found one piece with some kind of metal in it down about half way into it. I stopped when I saw sparks and told the guy it wasn't worth ruining my chain. The wood was 2-3 year old maple and is still listed in craigslist and will be there next year. It wasn't worth the time and effort for the kind of wood or ruining a saw.

Shipper

I would SOOOOO be all over that! $5 bucks a truck/trailer load??? HELL YEAH! Too bad I don't live in atlanta.

I get all my wood free anyways, but its all deep in the woods so I have to cut it up and load it into my pickup, then transfer it to the trailer.

i quick climbing trees a long time ago!

Lots of old trees that have been around for generations, in the country, have many bullets in them....If they are lead not too big a deal but if they are jacketed you could ruin many chains on them...especially at cutting height.... Saw this on AX-MEN....new series on History or Discovery Channel

JoeyJ said:
Lots of old trees that have been around for generations, in the country, have many bullets in them....If they are lead not too big a deal but if they are jacketed you could ruin many chains on them...especially at cutting height.... Saw this on AX-MEN....new series on History or Discovery Channel

Fence wire and fencing stapels is th WORST i ever hit in a tree. That will mangle a chain quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.