craigslist deal on 25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave64

Feb 11, 2011
N H
picked up a 2008 25 pdvc with complete exhaust kit for 300.00 needed top auger motor but i had a used motor.
so i gave the stove a complete cleaning and put the auger motor in and it fired right up, ran stove for 2 hours outside with no problems i was a little worried not seeing it run before i bought it.
now to install it downstairs

A really great deal.
good luck with it.

Nice. Gotta love a good deal. Only thing better than a pellet stove..... 2 pellet stoves! ;-P

dave64 said:
picked up a 2008 25 pdvc with complete exhaust kit for 300.00 needed top auger motor but i had a used motor.
so i gave the stove a complete cleaning and put the auger motor in and it fired right up, ran stove for 2 hours outside with no problems i was a little worried not seeing it run before i bought it.
now to install it downstairs

Yes, very good deal! Is the finish tired? Does it need a new coat of paint?

the only paint that is a little scratched is where they must have had a water pan on top

dave64 said:
the only paint that is a little scratched is where they must have had a water pan on top

Ok, then what I would do is repaint the top with the Stove Bright paint. Sand with emery sand paper first and then clean with Acetone before painting.

Then compare the top with the rest of the stove. If it blends fine. If it looks way too much better then repaint the stove. You will be glad you did.

See Stove Painting - What I learned.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/83145/

Good Luck with your great find!

i've only had my first pellet stove up and running for about a week and i,m always
searching CL for a deal on another pellet or wood stove...LOL

CTguy9230 said:
i've only had my first pellet stove up and running for about a week and i,m always
searching CL for a deal on another pellet or wood stove...LOL

I know what you mean, I'm looking for a used one for the garage!

Status
Not open for further replies.