craigslist - demanding excellence for free wood (classic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Free firewood & brush (hardwood). You gotta cut it down (Manchester)
Date: 2010-04-27, 5:40PM EDT

I have a few trees and stumps left over in my yard. I also have some brush laying around. If you want this stuff for free, just come and cut it down or take away whats already on the ground. If you're going to be cutting the trees, you must prove to me that you know what you're doing... one of the trees is close to power lines and the other tree is close to the house. Free wood if you do the work. Email back or call me at 315-3011. My name is Alex

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

• clist1.jpg
    clist1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 493
  • clist2.jpg
    clist2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 493
  • clist3.jpg
    clist3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 491
Just what I need another free silver maple with power lines on top.

smokinjay said:

Yeah but there is a lot of btus in that brush pile from the one he did drop.

SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:

Yeah but there is a lot of btus in that brush pile from the one he did drop.

I saw that on CL yestarday, made me chuckle a bit. some people are just crazy.

The people that kill me the most are the ones that want to sell you their freshly cut rounds, you pick up, for the same price as seasoned, split and delivered wood.

I expect those trees are pretty safe from cutting!!

My son had several trees that had power lines running thru. Elect co said they wouldn't cut them but they would come out and drop the lines and then come back and put them back up after we had the trees down. A couple hrs later the trees were on the ground and they were back with the bucket truck and elect. was on. Made things alot cheaper than having someone come out with a bucket truck and taking them down limb by limb.
leaddog

I wonder what this fella wants as far as proof that one knows what they are doing?!? As I see it just about anyone that knows what they are doing wont be anywhere near this guys yard unless they pulled up in a commercial tree service truck with a bill in hand.

hareball said:
I wonder what this fella wants as far as proof that one knows what they are doing?!? As I see it just about anyone that knows what they are doing wont be anywhere near this guys yard unless they pulled up in a commercial tree service truck with a bill in hand.
well, if you show up with an electric chainsaw, that might be proof NOT to let you do it. Wonder if just having a nice looking saw would qualify you? I'm wondering the same as you, though.

Danno77 said:
hareball said:
well, if you show up with an electric chainsaw, that might be proof NOT to let you do it. Wonder if just having a nice looking saw would qualify you? I'm wondering the same as you, though.

880?

One thing is for sure. We will have plenty of time to discuss it cause no one is going to sit in that seat!

Status
Not open for further replies.