Craigslist Finds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

planner steve

Burning Hunk
Dec 24, 2014
Northern Idaho
Attached are pics from a couple of craigslist scores. Grabbed about a cord of Oregon ash, alder and doug fir today. Last weekend it was about a third of a cord of Photinia. Doesn't that Photinia have a nice color, shame to burn it. I tried a piece in the backyard fir pit and it looks to match Locust for burn time and coals.
Of course these finds were free. When I started burning wood last year, I paid $50 for a quarter cord of apple. After reading this forum I soon resolved to never pay for wood. Never ceases to amaze me how much free wood is out there. I'm even getting picky. I only took the alder today because I wanted to help these people out since they gave me free ash and helped loading. Oregon Ash, Alder, Fir.jpg Photinia.jpg

It sure does look beautiful, keep up the great work, and keep your eyes open for MORE wood, something most people just don't understand..........

Status
Not open for further replies.