Craigslist Funny

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnuba

Feb 10, 2011
South Central PA
Found this on the local CL...

Free Firewood (Just acorns right now) (NE Baltimore)17:52 11/27/2011, Free Firewood - Baltimore CL

I have some acorns that I am going to plant in my backyard tomorrow. Hopefully they will grow into huge, healthy oak trees one day. If you'd like some firewood just reply and I will give you my address. In 124 years you are welcome to come by and cut them down, section the trunk and split the logs into usable-sized pieces and then age it for a year or more on your own property. FOR FREE!!!

(This post is obviously a response to the ridiculous "free firewood" posts recently on Craigslist that offer free firewood as long as you are willing to show up at their house and do $1500 bucks worth of labor free of charge to them... so you can have the "free" firewood. Which will need to be seasoned for a year before it's even usable.)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

If he's really smart, he'll plant those acorns six feet away from the house.

Definition of an optimist: A sixty year old person who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.

I guess I'm a realist . . . I've been planting acorns where I've been cutting . . . knowing full well that I will never reap the benefit of harvesting them for lumber or firewood . . . but I figure some day someone else might appreciate having a whole bunch of oak.

BrotherBart said:
Definition of an optimist: A sixty year old person who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.

So, what's wrong with that? We planted 4 of them. 2 for each of us. :)

firefighterjake said:
I guess I'm a realist . . . I've been planting acorns where I've been cutting . . . knowing full well that I will never reap the benefit of harvesting them for lumber or firewood . . . but I figure some day someone else might appreciate having a whole bunch of oak.

I do that also,plant a few each year. Even though 99% of the oak I harvest is dead,its nice to help the squirrels in replacing what's gone.Though not even my 4 yr old great nephew will likely see them mature.His children will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.