Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here's a splitter with power! I wish he'd put a picture of it in the ad.

Log Splitter - $750 (Rock Creek)

5844.png
5844.png
5845.png
5845.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon-2x.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Log Splitter with Ford Pinto motor. Nothing I haven't been able to split with it ever. Approx. 60 horse. Runs GREAT!! Call Curt 651-295-0640
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4266907879

posted: a month ago

updated: 13 days ago

email to friend

♥ best of

Here is a beauty from North Jersey. Look at those "seasoned" logs, and best of all, they're only $50.00!

Attachments

• firewood logs.jpg
    firewood logs.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 430
Here is a beauty from North Jersey. Look at those "seasoned" logs, and best of all, they're only $50.00!

Oh wow...

I suppose you can burn bamboo.....I got a chuckle out of this anyway - especially considering CT's law against planting invasive bamboo species that encroach on a neighbor's property...a law which provides for fines of as much as $100 per day until the plant is eradicated from your neighbor's property...

I suppose you can burn bamboo.....I got a chuckle out of this anyway - especially considering CT's law against planting invasive bamboo species that encroach on a neighbor's property...a law which provides for fines of as much as $100 per day until the plant is eradicated from your neighbor's property...
Yeah cause if you did want bamboo just buying it would be so much more difficult than bringing your excavator to remove for free what this guy should have never planted in the first place. PS They are enacting laws around here too due to the invasive and destructive habit of certain strains.

Here's one...may contain random pieces of trash, unidentifiable softwoods, and may be covered in 2+ft of snow. Bring your shovel!

======================
Seasoned Cord Fire Wood - $25 (East Longmeadow)
00n0n_6Etk777waiD_600x450.jpg

Winter is here! Seasoned fire wood, don't wait and pay top dollar when it gets really cold, cash and carry, you load- $25 for one 36" Hoop full or 1/2 Ton Pickup Truck load for $80- no delivery, thanks! Dwain 413-XXX-XXXX 10am-9pm only please. Wood Stove also available.

Free Firewoodllllllllllllllllllllllll
The tree has fallen on my house in Carson City. You need to cut up, stack it for me. You will also, please fix the roof, I have the material for that here. The big limbs you can have for firewood as well as all the branches. You cut, you haul away. Leave massage
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/zip/4210942598.html

Don't let this on get away.

Reactions: clemsonfor
Yep tried to see it and down

I'll do everything but the "massage". >>

Reactions: BillLion
That had to be satire.

Reactions: BillLion
Reactions: Jags and farmboy05
;lol;lol;lol

Saw this in the classified section of a hunting website.
"I'm heading up today to get a load of fir, trying to off-set the price of buying the Hancock pass. I have a long bed pickup so I figure it should be able to hold at least 3/4 of a cord. Would deliver if in the orting, Bonney lake area. Not sure if it will be split or not but it should be seasoned, I'm not looking for green wood. Would like to get 140.00, I'm pretty sure a full cord is selling for a lot more. Send me a pm and ill check the site before I leave the woods. Local sale only unless you want to come get it."

Dude hasn't found or cut the wood yet, but it'll be seasoned.

Dear Mr. Random guy on craigslist who now heats with gas and just wants to get rid of their wood, don't get mad at me when your ad says $50 for a 'large truck load', and I come get a 'large truck load', and pay $60. And if I suggest that you should instead list a price/cord, refuse to, then say that everyone else knew what a 'large truck load' meant. :rolleyes:

fwiw, it worked out to $90/cord, which, considering the $100-$135 for similar wood from real firewood sellers in this area, isn't a bad price for someone just looking to get rid of what they have.

Nah, here in jersey those are "well seasoned" ! Honestly, we are not all like that here in nj.