Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ya saying it don't get cold in Jawja?

You guys make me glad I live in the big city with few wood burners and moderate winters. I wont even consider going after wood unless it 10miles or less from the house and MOST of the time my tree guys will deliver it to my drive way already bucked up and ready for splitting so they dont have to pay to dump it.

You most be a better negotiator than me because all the tree guys I talk to want money for their logs, at least on my side of town, and I offer to pick up. I drive by one yard all the time that has logs piled up, but nope, he wants cash.

But you are right, I am picky about which ads I follow up on being in Atlanta.

Ya saying it don't get cold in Jawja?

Crap, Bro. You had me looking up the town of Jawja in GA trying to figure out what I was missing. I was missing something alright.;lol;lol;lol

Reactions: farmboy05
Jawja peaches and Mardi Gras in Nawlins. And the Texas awl bidness. :)

I'm looking in the same CL area as you for free wood from time to time, although I haven't jumped an anything yet. I'm more looking closer to my area (Dells). Have you came across any good finds around here?

I've never had any luck on craigslist for firewood. Too many guys looking on the good deals. I scored my best scrounges from word of mouth when people saw the 15 cords on my small suburban lot. Even the town chairperson called me when the township needed downed trees moved. I've since moved to a location where my stacks are hidden, but I have my own woodlot and a neighbor's woodlot for harvesting downed trees.

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/4453244255.html

I have to give the guy credit for his optimism. This pickup load for $389. Not sure if it fills a pick-up or you get to pickup his load.

Hey, that's finally a good deal. I've seen that guy posting for a while and he had been asking $399, but I'm sure someone will pounce now that it's $389.

Reactions: bobdog2o02
And Warshington.

Reactions: Mt Bob
** I've been meaning to post this one here.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/wan/4494334599.html

I GOT A HUGE MAPLE TREE I WANT DOWN AND OUT OF HERE

1. U MUST BE FULLY INSURED
2. HAVE ALL UR OWN SAWS ECT
3. U TAKE ALL BRANCHES AND GRIND STUMP AND FILL HOLE IN ALL WOOD IS URS

IF YOU DAMAGES ANYTHING ON PROPERTY U WILL BE FIXING IT

YOU WILL NEED A LIFT AND A BRANCH GRINDER TO TAKE ALL BRANCHES OUT OF HERE

AND WE WILL NEED PROOF OF YOUR INSAURSES

AND ALL THE WOOD IS URS

** I've been meaning to post this one here.

AND ALL THE WOOD IS URS

U GOT TO BE KIDDINGD ME

Reactions: PSYS
I've been meaning to post this one here.
AND ALL THE WOOD IS URS

If'n I be doin' that work, youins will be payin me $2,500 for the priledge of takin' yer wood fo freee! ==c

Or I will pay you $500 for the wood, after you pay me $3,000 for the work to make in into firewood. We can work it either way, your choice:cool:

The "Insaurses" were a little known breed of tree eating dinosaur.

LMAO!!!

I knew you guys would appreciate that one.
I've been meaning to write the guy and let him know is what he's describing is a professional tree-cutting service followed-up by a tree grinder service and then a landscaper.

All we have to do is be fully insured, chop down his tree, pack up all of the over and undergrowth, grind down the stump, fill it in with top soil and then re-seed his lawn.... all while attempting NOT to be eaten alive by the evil insaurses.

Good luck, dude.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I can top that. That's just ordinary wood, but this guy is offering wood... FROM A TREE!

full truck load of wood - $300 (cleveland)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
7927 JONES RD
(google map) (yahoo map)

size / dimensions: all sizes

We have an enormous amount of wood we are getting rid of. $150.00 for half a truck load, & $300.00 for a full truck load. First come first gets all they need....We have larger pieces if you have a chain saw & want some bigger pieces. The wood is from a tree that was cut down. No pictures, if you want to view our load, just call us & let us know when you are available....serious inquiries only.

I can top that. That's just ordinary wood, but this guy is offering wood... FROM A TREE!

full truck load of wood - $300 (cleveland)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
7927 JONES RD
(google map) (yahoo map)

size / dimensions: all sizes

We have an enormous amount of wood we are getting rid of. $150.00 for half a truck load, & $300.00 for a full truck load. First come first gets all they need....We have larger pieces if you have a chain saw & want some bigger pieces. The wood is from a tree that was cut down. No pictures, if you want to view our load, just call us & let us know when you are available....serious inquiries only.

No pics because it's probably box elder. :)

Giggle, " f you want to view our load".....

Anyone want to pay for rotten wood?

Looking to see if anyone is interested in a 36" log about 12' long hallow from one end to the other.. make me an offer.. its worth about 100$ in firewood to me.. so any more than that takes it.. call me or Txt any time.. I will not answer emails thanks..
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/4489650459.html

You most be a better negotiator than me because all the tree guys I talk to want money for their logs, at least on my side of town, and I offer to pick up. I drive by one yard all the time that has logs piled up, but nope, he wants cash.

But you are right, I am picky about which ads I follow up on being in Atlanta.

What area of Atlanta are you in? If you are on the North side I have two guys up here that will drop it off. One I give a little gas money to and the other is happy to dump it so he doesnt have to pay for it. If you are up here let me know and I will pass on their numbers.

At least it's free...

ujyza5ut.jpg

Fair enough.. There is no picture, so it's hard to tell. Though, given the area of Troy, it's likely a group of yard trees.
I'm always wary of the "I know what they are worth" posts.