Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just saw this today on Facebook:
Free "Christmas decorations"! What a deal!

I might have some "Decorations" laying around for free too.
ZWrRgnz.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with wood, but it came up when I was looking for free firewood and it made me laugh.

Free cows (Jasper ga)

I am selling cows for free just so I can have more room at my
Place we can trade or just for
Free there healthy and not to old just call thank you!!
  • it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Reactions: D8Chumley
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/zip/5340475859.htmlhtml
We have some large Maple trees (15) that need to be cut down. Only if you want to take them away to use them for firewood. We want someone Very experienced in tree removal to cut them down safely and take all the wood away FOR FREE. Also that you have the right equipment to cut them and haul it away in a few loads. All we ask is that you do not leave us a big mess afterwards. We are located in Marysville.

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PAYING YOU TO CUT DOWN OUR TREES

I know this has nothing to do with wood, but it came up when I was looking for free firewood and it made me laugh.

Free cows (Jasper ga)

I am selling cows for free just so I can have more room at my
Place we can trade or just for
Free there healthy and not to old just call thank you!!
  • it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Selling cows for free. Ummmm... Okay? Haha

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/zip/5340475859.htmlhtml
We have some large Maple trees (15) that need to be cut down. Only if you want to take them away to use them for firewood. We want someone Very experienced in tree removal to cut them down safely and take all the wood away FOR FREE. Also that you have the right equipment to cut them and haul it away in a few loads. All we ask is that you do not leave us a big mess afterwards. We are located in Marysville.

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PAYING YOU TO CUT DOWN OUR TREES

I swear I've seen this same ad come up at least 3 times, but with different pictures each time.

I get a kick out of the butt hurt tree service owners who post ads because they get mad when somebody posts a "free tree you cut down" add. Who cares, leave them alone if they want a tree taken down they can try to offer it, prolly not gonna happen but don't create an add cluttering up the free section just because you're butt hurt. the funny thing is, i have a good idea as to who the tree service is that posts these insulting ads, they also post "free wood chips and logs" on CL and so i'm almost certain this is the same person who's anonymously posting against the "free tree you cut" ads.

I get a kick out of the butt hurt tree service owners who post ads because they get mad when somebody posts a "free tree you cut down" add. Who cares, leave them alone if they want a tree taken down they can try to offer it, prolly not gonna happen but don't create an add cluttering up the free section just because you're butt hurt. the funny thing is, i have a good idea as to who the tree service is that posts these insulting ads, they also post "free wood chips and logs" on CL and so i'm almost certain this is the same person who's anonymously posting against the "free tree you cut" ads.

The vast majority of people who post those types of ads are complete buffoons. In case you missed it, this entire thread is filled with ads from those such people.

The vast majority of people who post those types of ads are complete buffoons. In case you missed it, this entire thread is filled with ads from those such people.
I consider the folks posting in the free section only to yell at tree removal folks just as buffoonish. I didn't miss anything, my post was spot on and i'm sorry if you feel it doesn't fall into the category of this thread. Both sides are typically baffoons...but it's funny when a tree service gets so hurt they insist on replying via free listings. That being said, i once found a standing Oak tree on Free CL, it was 2 miles from my house. I charged nothing, and they got a tree taken out for free. Half of it was alraedy laying on the ground, the saw work was minimal.

I consider the folks posting in the free section only to yell at tree removal folks just as buffoonish. I didn't miss anything, my post was spot on and i'm sorry if you feel it doesn't fall into the category of this thread. Both sides are typically baffoons...but it's funny when a tree service gets so hurt they insist on replying via free listings. That being said, i once found a standing Oak tree on Free CL, it was 2 miles from my house. I charged nothing, and they got a tree taken out for free. Half of it was alraedy laying on the ground, the saw work was minimal.

I'm curious, what makes you think it's a tree service that's posting the ads? What kind of tree service company has to surf Craigslist for business anyways? I actually really enjoy emailing people that post these sort of ads to simply let them know how stupid they are - I speculate that other people (possibly the ones making the counter-ads) also enjoy doing the same. To be fair, I'm not surprised you're here defending the people that everyone else in this thread is making fun of. ;)

I'm curious, what makes you think it's a tree service that's posting the ads? What kind of tree service company has to surf Craigslist for business anyways? I actually really enjoy emailing people that post these sort of ads to simply let them know how stupid they are - I speculate that other people (possibly the ones making the counter-ads) also enjoy doing the same. To be fair, I'm not surprised you're here defending the people that everyone else in this thread is making fun of. ;)
Obviously you've never surfed the services portion of CL, it is almost entirely lawn care and tree service. What kind of tree service surf on CL? The same kind responding to the tree ads via a listing in the free section, duh. It's one thing if you feel it's your duty to email them, it's another if you post in a classifieds or free section once a week whining about them. I still think "move along" is a better choice for everybody. To be fair, I'm rather convinced you are one of the butt hurt peeps i'm referring too, clearly you're insulted. ;)

Enough with the friction. This has been 41 pages of civility and laughs. Lets keep it that way.

Looks like it's even got a free tree fort in it?
If the tree is dead do you think it was the borer or the nails / screws in the tree

If the tree is dead do you think it was the borer or the nails / screws in the tree

Likely a combination of both.

Edit - Now that I think of it, doesn't the Ash Borer only go after live, healthy trees? In that case it was probably one or the other that killed it, not both.

Last edited: