Craigslist Post - Free Pecan Wood U cut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is offering to let you trim his tree for free. So long as you do it safely...

Free Pecan Wood U cut (Carterville)

Date: 2012-01-21, 12:59PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a Pecan tree in my yard the needs trimming back badly. If you smoke meats it's a great wood to use. I need it cut back safely since it does hang over house. CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT IT.

http://joplin.craigslist.org/zip/2811135126.html

ryanm527 said:
This guy is offering to let you trim his tree for free. So long as you do it safely...

Free Pecan Wood U cut (Carterville)

Date: 2012-01-21, 12:59PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a Pecan tree in my yard the needs trimming back badly. If you smoke meats it's a great wood to use. I need it cut back safely since it does hang over house. CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT IT.

http://joplin.craigslist.org/zip/2811135126.html

I monitor CL for scrounging opportunities and it seems most people offer free firewood when they are really wanting free tree service.

I'd love to have that wood for my smoker! I couldn't open the link, where is it located? Like mking said, you have to be careful with that craigslist stuff, usually, if its free, theres a catch!

StuckInTheMuck said:
Yeah.........no picture, no good description, he only wants it trimmed AND you have to be very careful because of a hanger over the house......sounds like our CL lister is going to be the one making out on that deal. The end of that post should read "contact me if you want to take all the risk and do me a huge favor FOR FREE!" :lol:

I trimmed a pecan tree like that. I got lots of wood out of the deal but it was a bunch of work for a nice old lady neighbor. The wood burned okay (pecan isn't oak) but I kept some for my smoker. The black and white boring beetle turned a bunch of it to saw dust so you really got to use it the year you cut it. If I had it to do over again I would have cut it up small and sold it as smoker wood to folks.

seeyal8r said:
I trimmed a pecan tree like that. I got lots of wood out of the deal but it was a bunch of work for a nice old lady neighbor. The wood burned okay (pecan isn't oak) but I kept some for my smoker. The black and white boring beetle turned a bunch of it to saw dust so you really got to use it the year you cut it. If I had it to do over again I would have cut it up small and sold it as smoker wood to folks.

Pecan is in the hickory family. Some would say its better than Oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.